Do you want to learn how to make Espresso Martini at home?
Espresso Martini is a cocktail recipe that people often like to have after dinner.
If I tell about this recipe, then it is very delicious and easy to make.
When you organize a party at home, after having dinner, it is time to surprise them with a delicious home made Espresso Martini.
But wait a minute?
Don’t know how to make an Espresso Martini?
In this article, I will teach you how to make Espresso Martini, after which you can easily make it at your home.
But do you know that Espresso Martini is famous all over the world.
Why Espresso Martini Are So Popular?
The Espresso Martini was invented in London in the early 80’s by British bartender Dick Bradsell.
According to legend, a supermodel walked into his bar and asked for something that would “wake her up and mess her up,” and so the Espresso Martini was born.
After which the popularity of Espresso Martini increased.
One of the reasons behind its increasing popularity is that it is very easy to make.
Espresso Martini is ready in a few minutes, for which you do not even need many ingredients.
So let’s talk about the Espresso Martini recipe, where I will tell you how you can easily make it at your home.
How to Make Espresso Martini at Home
Before starting the recipe of Espresso Martini, I would like to tell you about all the ingredients that will be required while making it.
- Coffee liqueur (usually Kahlúa)
- One espresso shot
- Simple syrup
- Coffee beans (for garnishing)
- Cocktail shaker
- Martini glass
- Espresso maker
Note:- Coffee liqueur is required in Espresso Martini recipe, in which Kahlúa is used the most, which is also considered as the best coffee liqueur in the US.
But if you don’t have Kahlúa, you can use any coffee flavored liqueur as an alternative, such as Tia Maria.
Follow these steps to make Espresso Martini:
- Create an espresso shot in Espresso Maker (here i am using nespresso essenza mini coffee and espresso machine)
- Put it in a bowl and keep it to cool
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice cubes then add cooled coffee, vodka, simple syrup and Kahlúa
- Shake the cocktail shaker vigorously for about 20 seconds
- Strain the Espresso Martini in a martini glass (you can also use a sieve to filter)
- Garnish the Espresso Martini with 3 coffee beans
Don’t Have A Cocktail Shaker? Use This Alternative
Not all of us are professional baristas and neither do we have all the ingredients needed to make this delicious cocktail coffee recipe.
There is no doubt that cocktail shakers are an important tool for making Espresso Martini.
But you can also use spill-proof coffee mugs as an alternative.
This 20 oz coffee mug from Yeti is a great alternative to the cocktail shaker.
You have to put all the necessary ingredients in it and close the lid and shake vigorously.
This is how you can make an Espresso Martini without a cocktail shaker.
Tips For A Delicious Espresso Martini
- Cool the espresso coffee completely after brewing, or the ice will melt quickly and you won’t get a chilled cocktail
- You can also use the fridge to cool the coffee quickly. For this, you put the coffee in a bowl and keep it in the fridge for some time
- Shake the cocktail shaker vigorously to create a good foam
- When pouring the cocktail, make sure that the foam remains on top of the drink
Want To Make Espresso Martini Even More Frothy
If you want to make Espresso Martini frothy, use machine brewed espresso.
Espresso machines make espresso more frothy that you can’t get with other methods such as french press or instant coffee.
But if you do not have an espresso machine then you can use the following alternative –
- Egg white
- Cocktail foam
You can create better foam by using egg white or cocktail foam in a cocktail shaker.
Egg white does not affect your taste at all, but helps in creating a lovely foam.
But if you do not want to use egg white, you can use cocktail foam instead.
Just a drop or two of cocktail foam creates a lovely foam in an Espresso Martini.
You can also use chocolate dessert boards, mocha coffee mousse or chocolate shortbread cookies to eat with this Espresso Martini.
These are considered to be a better option to eat with beverages.
So, in this way you can easily make this delicious Espresso Martini at your home without going to the Bar.